By Rev. Dr. Sergio E. ArevaloTuloy Po Kayo! (Welcome!). Read more ... », Jr.
Eagle Rock Lutheran ChurchWhich Do You Prefer? Old Practices or New Practices?. Read more ... », Los AngelesCHURCH PLANTING VISION IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Read more ... », CA“As the Father has Sent me, so I Send You!”. Read more ... »
December 29, 2013
If the LordThe Eternal Reward of Giving a Cup of Cold Water. Read more ... » will tell you to do something in accordance with his missionCHURCH PLANTING VISION IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. Read more ... », will you follow Him? Will you follow him even though it will mean leaving your comfortHeaven or UFO?: The Liberating Words of Jesus. Read more ... » zone?
In our passage we see a manYou Have No Right to Keep it!. Read more ... » who followed the angelJesus is Missing!. Read more ... » for the sake of the mission of the MessiahThe Man Who Prepares Freeway for His Master. Read more ... ».
When the angel told JosephJesus is the Redeemer. Read more ... » to take MaryLazarus’ Raising as a Proof of Resurrection. Read more ... » as his wifeA Man Accidentally Found Hidden Treasure in Other’s Field. Look What Did He Sacrifice to Get It.. Read more ... », he followed the angel. In our passage, the angel of the LordJesus is Missing!. Read more ... » told Joseph to take Mary, and JesusBear Jesus’ Yoke to Unburden Your Yoke. Read more ... » to Egypt since he was in danger from KingThe Judge-King Favors the Least: The Undocumented Aliens, etc.. Read more ... » Herod“Give Back to Caesar the Things that are Caesar's”. Read more ... ». When they were in Egypt, again Joseph dreamed the angel, and he gave a new commandmentThree Important Teachings of Jesus. Read more ... » to go back to the landCreatio ex Nihilo: Creation Through Amazing Words and Power. Read more ... » of IsraelA Caregiver Wows Israel's X Factor; UK Wows For This Pinoy. Read more ... ».
Today we are going to meditate on the obedienceHeaven or UFO?: The Liberating Words of Jesus. Read more ... » of a servantThis Man Asks How Many Times to Forgive; He is Amazed What He Discovered. Read more ... » of GodBear Jesus’ Yoke to Unburden Your Yoke. Read more ... » for His mission.
(1) In the gospelsJesus is Missing!. Read more ... », we read the sacrifices of Joseph. He swallowed his ego just to take Mary as his wife to saveThe Greatest Act of God. Read more ... » her from imminent deathLazarus’ Raising as a Proof of Resurrection. Read more ... » to due to bearing a child not his, and to help in the mission of God.
(2) Joseph left his status and lifeWhat is Life?. Read more ... » in Israel just to follow God’s will. When the angel said to him, flee to Egypt, and save Jesus from the wrath of King Herod, he followed God.
(3) Joseph knew that Jesus was not his sonWhy the King Killed Those Who Did Not Attend His Son’s Wedding?. Read more ... », but still he loved him and his motherA Poem for all Mothers. Read more ... ». He gave up himself just to save and protectMy Prayer During the 2014 National Day of Prayer Celebration . Read more ... » Jesus and his mother.
JOSEPH’S SENSE OF URGENCY
(1) Joseph knew the sense of urgency of the angel’s commandThe Cost of Following Jesus. Read more ... ». When he dreamed the angel and told his command, he immediately believed it, and left from Israel and fled to Egypt.
“Now when they were departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dreamThe Man with Unclean Lips Sends by the King of the Armies. Read more ... », saying“Into Your Hands”. Read more ... », AriseProphecy About the Philippines in 2009, Compare With Current Situation. Read more ... » and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I tell thee: for Herod will seek the young child to destroyThree Deeds That Show the Intentions of the Shepherd and the Thief. Read more ... » him. And he arose and took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt” (Matthew 2:13-14).
“But when Herod was deadJesus is Missing!. Read more ... », behold, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, saying, Arise and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead that sought the young child’s life. And he arose and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel” (Matthew 2:19-21).
Joseph felt the urgency of the messageThe Message of Transfiguration. Read more ... » of the angel, again he sacrificed and they left Egypt, and came to the land of Israel.
(2) What’s the meaning of “sense of urgency”? A sense of urgency is the sense that immediate action is required. It is the idea that something must be done as soon as possibleThe Angel of The Lord Announces the Good News!. Read more ... » or a potentially positive outcome may be missed or turned into a negative outcome. In some instances, it can mean preventing a negative outcome from getting even worse (ask.com).
Sense of urgency is the sense of emergency. It means one should act immediately and timely. Following sense of urgency means doing something accordingly, timely and immediately.
(3) Let me ask you. How do you follow God? Is it with sense of emergency? Meaning do we do according to His will? According to right timing?
I read from the news that until now, a lot of corpses are still not buried by the Philippine government. It is already Dec 29. It is already 8 weeks since the Typhoon Yolanda hit the PhilippinesProphecy About the Philippines in 2009, Compare With Current Situation. Read more ... ». Where’s the sense of urgency there? For sure, those decaying bodies will affect the country and maybe including the neighboring countries.
(2) What he did is a goodThe Four Kinds of Seeds: A Reflection of our Spirituality. Read more ... » paradigm for us nowadays. If we really loveThis Man Asks How Many Times to Forgive; He is Amazed What He Discovered. Read more ... » Jesus, we need to sacrifice, and obey his will with sense of urgency.
Have you heard the news published on May 22 this year? “FaithThe Greatest Act of God. Read more ... » Helped WomanThe Samaritan Woman’s Strategy. Read more ... » Confront British Terrorists”
Do you remember in May when the British soldier was beheaded in broad daylight outside his barracks?
The TelegraphPracticing Piety in Front of People. Read more ... », a British paper, reported that a mother and Cub Scout leader, Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, age 48, confronted the terrorists immediately after the grisly murder. She was one of the first people on the scene.
While one of the terrorists held a bloodied knife, she selflessly engaged the terrorist in conversation in an attempt to prevent him from killing others. A ChristianThe Eight Beatitudes: Principal Graces of a Christian. Read more ... » blogTuloy Po Kayo! (Welcome!). Read more ... » for “First Things” noted the real factor that motivated Ms. Loyau-Kennett to risk her life and get involved was her Christian faith.
She said, “I live my life as a Christian. I believe in thinking about others and loving thy neighbor. We all have a duty to look after each other.”
Denying self is seldom that dramatic or high profile but it is often that demanding. Mrs. Loyau-Kennett understood that her faith is about far more than her own personal wellJesus’ Strategy of Evangelism. Read more ... »-being. It is about obeying God and loving humanity.
In BritainA Caregiver Wows Israel's X Factor; UK Wows For This Pinoy. Read more ... », Mrs Loyau-Kennett is being regarded as a national hero, even Prime Minister David Cameron praising her courage (sermoncentral.com; cathnews.co.nz).
Mrs. Loyau-Kenett acted according to her faith with sense of urgency, and self-sacrifice. Can we do it, too?